Thursday 3 May 2007

Parent Teacher Interview

Today was parent-teacher interviews for Rutherford College. I got made to tag along with my parents to talk to Aonghas's teachers at school tonight to keep tabs on them and make sure they don't say anything bad about Aonghas (as he had to go off to his basketball game), but it almost felt as if it was me who was having the parent-teacher interviews! One teacher mistook me for Aonghas, while a few others spent more time asking me how I was doing at university!

We met up with the Chinese teacher who tried speaking to me in Mandarin. Shamefully I had forgotten quite a bit and couldn't understand her as before! She and my dad then started discussing ways of keeping up with Chinese. She suggested I speak more with my brothers and friends. The sad thing though is that my friends don't want to speak to me in Chinese!!! They either think it's too weird speaking Chinese to a white guy, or that I'm too slow or don't understand and so can't be bothered! I even tried asking my Chinese friend at uni to speak to me in Cantonese the other day, but she said NOOOO!! One idea the Chinese teacher put forward was...GET A CHINESE GIRLFRIEND. Yeah that could work...it didn't for my dad though! We'll see what happens. I can't even get A girlfriend right now!

It was graduation day at university today, with all the graduates walking around in their cloaks. Most of them had orange hoods or whatever you call them. I've been told that that's the commerce colour, which explains why a lot of them are Asians! I kinda wish I was one of them graduating today! Then I'd be able to get a life!

I spent my free time catching a bus all the way to the Grafton Campus to return a book, planning on borrowing another copy at the General Library, as any book you borrow from the Grafton Campus library sets off all the alarms at the General Library which is a hassle! I got back to the General Library only to find that the book was gone, so I had to go all the way back to Grafton later on! I ended up having to borrow a different edition of the book. Walking around the Grafton Campus though kinda makes you feel big and important, rather than a no one back in the city! Although very soon you've got to bring yourself back down to Earth and tell yourself Get Real Calum you're not going to make it!!!...unless you become a cleaner...

I caught up with Julie again for lunch and we spent lunch at McDonald's. It's cool having lunch with girls, as they almost never finish everything they buy, and so they just leave all the leftovers to you to finish off! ...Not that that's the reason why I go out to lunch with girls though... It's just sad to see those poor potatoes go to waste!

I also caught up with Shirley again today on the bus, and found out her birthday is a day after mine! I'm unlikely to forget that now! (not that I forget other people's birthdays! ;) )

No comments:

Post a Comment