Monday 14 May 2007

That's What Friends are For

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZIPPO!!! (10th May) & HAPPY BIRTHDAY HYUN AND JOON!!! (13th May)

I've got a lot to catch up on since I last posted. I've got a population health test this Wednesday night, a chemistry test next Monday night and a population health essay (on health economics yaaawn) due next Wednesday! Oh well at least all those people back at Rutherford have assessments and exams this week, about time they did some REAL work! Nah I'm sure they've all been working hard!

Even though I've got all these tests coming up, I've managed to hang out with quite a few friends more often lately. On Thursday I spent my spare time in between lectures trying to complete my chemistry worksheet with my lab partner (and new uni friend!) Jerrard. We managed to get most of it done, but when we turned up to the lab we realised it wasn't even going to be assessed! All that worrying and hard work for nothing! At least we know all about spectroscopy now! Anyway our chemistry lab experiment was based around ester hydrolysis, which involved eventually creating crystals. Jerrard burnt himself with the hot plate and asked for some cream. He wasn't just given cream though, he was also given an accident/incident report to fill out! Apparently it is to help make the lab safer. Not too long after I bent a bit too far forward and burnt myself on the same plate! I quickly ran my finger under water and kept quiet so I wouldn't have to fill in one of those forms though.

I've been hanging out with my old Rutherford friends like Shen, Shrikkanth, David and the others, scoping the field...Last week Shen was trying to determine my type of girl. I felt a bit bad telling him what I looked for in a girl (looks wise)! I don't actually know what I look for in terms of looks...

I tried catching up with a friend a few nights ago but I was kinda snubbed. I suppose she was busy or something, but yeah after hanging out with my friends the next day at uni that was really cool. I was also supposed to meet up with some guy from Student Life, this university Christian group, who was going to catch up with me. I was a bit anxious about this meeting as I wasn't sure if he was going to get me to go around talking to random people on campus about Christianity, something I'm not ready to do! I DID wait for the guy at the place we had planned to meet, when I saw Shrikkanth and David come by, so I thought I had waited long enough and decided I'd go with them! In the end I felt bad and so I decided to go back and wait a little while longer but I never saw him so yeah the meeting didn't eventuate.

On Saturday morning I was showing my students the big bass recorder, and to see the kids having fun was really cool and made me once again think about possibly teaching as a career one day! But that ain't gonna happen...for a while anyway.

Mother's Day on Sunday wasn't too eventful, except for church. Jennifer gave a speech (in Cantonese) about how great her mum was, and all the mums at church were each given a rose and a rice spoon. Great for cooking twice as hard and beating us! :D I didn't see Angie at church but I texted her for the first time in a few weeks and she promises she will be coming to church next week. Everyone remember that!

Today I caught up with Bronwen and her sister, who I haven't seen in a while as well! It's a bit sad how you see some people quite regularly but others not so regularly.

In the evening I had a bit of the munchies after studying. I was thinking about wasting my money by buying chips, but after a lecture we had on how the age we're at now is crucial in terms of developing chronic diseases or something like that (if that even makes any sense!) I wasn't too keen on hot chips with all that salt! So I went potato chip browsing, but managed to resist the temptation! I left uni too early and so I was waiting for the bus for a while when that temptation came back! Fortunately the bus came just in time and saved me! I'll buy those chips after my test on Wednesday instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment