Saturday 31 March 2007

Familar Faces

Yesterday must've been the best chemistry lecture we've had so far! We had two experiments in one lecture, all in the new business school lecture theatre! The first one was this balloon that exploded in a huge flame, and the second was this liquid that could change colours at different time periods on its own! (with a little help) The day before that we distilled wine in the chemistry lab. I really like chem lab a lot more than biosci lab! I don't know if it's just the people but the guys (and girl) I hang out with in the lab are pretty fun! I ended up burning myself twice. I tried picking up a bunsen while it was burning! How could I not know it would be hot! It's funny that we weren't allowed to light our own bunsens even though at high school we could light them whenever we wanted!
 
Anyway back to yesterday..I caught the late bus into the city and I sat next to this Rutherford guy right at the back. He asked me if I was Calum, the Head Boy from last year! That was amazing someone remembered me! We then had a little conversation with him telling me aaaaall about the little 'incident' that happened after school yetserday.
 
Well I ran to chemistry as soon as I got off the bus. Biosci afterwards was a big letdown after such a cool chemistry lecture. Sooo boring it was just a review lecture. Population health over at Tamaki was no better! I missed the first bus back into the city as I thought I could try catch the public bus back into the city but I found out I was thinking of the wrong bus stop! So I ended up having to wait another hour for the next bus to come.
 
Back in the city I ended up going to the library to try study but it was soooo hot! I ended up falling alsleep for the first hour before trying to study for the other two. After that I went down to the Info Commons to meet up with my scholarship mentor, until I realised I had been waiting at the wrong place and that I was supposed to be at Grafton! Fortunately he decided to come into the city. I had a little chat with him, expressing my concern over my preparation for the biosci exam (I'm really worried about it!).
 
I walked all the way back to Britomart, did a bit of shopping for lollies (I'm giving them a go to see if they can stop me from falling asleep!) before catching the bus to Rutherford College to watch the Studio Show.
 
I love going back to that school! It's so cool catching up with people you know and haven't seen in ages! The first person I saw there was Amber who's now at performing arts school and is going to become a drama teacher! I then caught up with all the prefects who were at door sales before going in. My mum and I had really bad seats at the side! Apparently they were the last seats to be sold so I guess we've got to be thankful!
 
The show was pretty good. I couldn't hear some of the drama, but the dancing was good and Aonghas was well....nah he was good. I liked the Korean Drum Group! It's great seeing another cultural group at our school! I was trying to get the twins to organise something like that at school last year but fortunately Ms Gerzic (ESOL) teacher got it up and running!
 
I caught up with Paul, Sue's brother (this Korean girl at Rutherford), and had a chat to him during the mid-break. The next half consisted mostly of drama and a bit of singing. Ruth at her usual best! The last few performances were dance performances which were impressive too!
 
Afterwards I caught up with the village...or are they transition...girls like AONE!!!!...and the others... lol nah there was Angie, Jenna, Phoebe and her cousin. The others left while I had a little catch-up with Phoebe. She was telling me all this stuff and then told me to try practise my Cantonese with her cousin while she was on the phone to her parents. I think her cousin thinks I'm a little weird! I tried asking her if she liked going to the toilet, or if she liked sleeping in Cantonese (well hey my vocabulary is limited!) but I don't think she seemed to understand me!
 
They went off soon and so I talked to Chen, Aaron and Paul for a little while before along came Sophie and Becky, those two year eleven girls who somehow know me all of a sudden! They originally wanted to see the show but they missed out because the tickets ran out! How sad!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment