Saturday 3 March 2007

Almost a Perfect Day!

I was really looking forward to this day! I was going to finish uni by midday, so there wasn't much to have to get through before I'd be able to start enjoying the weekends!!!

I went through the chemistry and biosci lectures as usual. I slightly fell asleep during biosci, as I probably didn't understand as much as I should've! I probably should've been awake anyway though! After the lecture I caught the bus to Tamaki where I caught up with Richard and Michael (this German guy!), and then we joined Melissa and Georgina. We talked for a while and shared contacts with each other before heading into the lecture theatre.

The first half of the lecture was boring and I fell asleep slightly, but then when the Australian lecturer played the Population Health version of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire it started to get interesting! Richard was picked to answer the question and managed to get it right before falling at the next question.

As soon as the lecture was over we all rushed to the bus. I grabbed a seat with Richard and went back into the city. We then walked to his bus stop and talked for a while. Once he caught his bus I went back to the city campus to muck around a bit and see if I could have any luck finding my friends.

I have a new time-killer: playing with the ATM machines!! :D I walked all the way down to the Kiwibank ATM to see if I had gotten my student allowance but...nope I hadn't. So I started walking back before deciding it's about time I topped up and get some credit again!

I was walking back to campus waiting for Diane to arrive in the city (I was going to try meet up with her!) when I came across Alice AGAIN! It was like the fifth time this week I came across her! Anyway she had just finished her classes and I had nothing to do so we walked down the closed off street checking out all the food stalls at the Lantern Festival. I came across the KiwiAsian Club's food stall and asked if members got discounts, but they told us the money was going towards us members anyway! I told them that I already paid my $8 membership fee before they corrected me saying it was $7!

When she heard that I hadn't been into the city that often, she decided to take me down to the shop that sells Pearl Milk Tea. We ended up getting tea, but not milk tea. We did get the pearls though! I got mango flavour while she got passionfruit flavour. She then took me to the games arcade where she introduced me to those dancing game machine thingies! We were going to compete against each other, like master vs newbie but these Asians (and one white guy) were hogging the best machine. We're going to compete next time! By that time Gwen, Alex, Tasha and Zahir had arrived in the city and were at Wendy's having dinner, so I went there with Alice and introduced her to them. We talked for a while before Alice had to go catch her bus.

I then ordered a burger combo with the biggie, which turned out to be too much for me to take! I forgot I still had my tea with the pearls to drink!! We walked up to Albert Park where the festival was being held and checked out the food stalls before I had to rush off to the library toilets to take care of business... I rejoined them again before we went into the park to check out the lanterns. We came across Dickson, my old intermediate school friend!!! That was cool! He's at AUT now. I've got to catch up with him again sometime!

Eventually at night the lanterns were switched on and Phoebe and Lisa joined us. We had all bought these lanterns with real candles inside them! I was being super careful not to set the lantern on fire!

Alex, Gwen, Zahir, Tasha and I eventually found our way to the karaoke stage to watch a few performances. I have no idea where the other two went. Anyway they tried challenging me to get up on stage to sing, so I thought, why not! I might as well! No one will know me anyway! So with Gwen's help, I selected a song and after a long wait, Calum Anderson from West Auckland got up on stage to sing Sometimes by Britney Spears!

I announced that it was dedicated to Britney during a tough time which would hopefully make her normal again...as well as the freaks sitting down there (yes you lovely freaks!) and funnily enough everyone started cheering! I started singing, which sounded really bad and low, especially the BABY part! I couldn't see the audience too well but when I started swaying some people started doing it too! I didn't really sing too well in time but at least I wasn't booed off the stage! I had some guys come up to me afterwards congratulating me for having the balls to do that, and I told them I was doing it for Britney!! :D

After that we started to leave, and walked down Queen Street where Zahir was walking into people! We eventually got to the bus stop where we caught up with Phoebe and Lisa again.

We all sat at the back and were definitely the noisy group! I talked mostly to Gwen, but because Phoebe had hardly said anything to me all night I thought I'd say Hi to her, but she didn't say anything back until Lisa tapped her on the shoulder! That was probably the lowest point of the day because I was kinda expecting her not to talk to me for some reason since it always happens!

Zahir, Gwen and I got off the bus at the same time though and walked to her house where Aonghas and my dad were waiting for us and took Zahir and me home.

Overall though it was the best day of all this week! Even though it's been less than a month since I've seen those guys I've missed them soooo much and it was great hanging out and talking with them (well most of them anyway!), as well as Alice too! I didn't manage to catch up with Diane but I'll have to do that sometime next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment