Sunday 11 March 2007

Realisations

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVID (for yesterday) and YAY FOR 600th POST!

Yesterday night we tried making our way to the Auckland Domain to watch the fireworks as part of the Auckland Festival 07. Once again though we couldn't find parking, got stuck in traffic, and had to watch most of it from the car!

I could say that we only realised how people walking in the middle of the street with a total disregard for traffic can be really frustrating especially when you're in a hurry! We were driving all around the back streets around the Domain, past an ambulance attending to some side street accident, blocked off roads and everything else. When we saw the fireworks shoot into the sky we decided we'd try get stuck in traffic down a road closest to the Domain so we could just sit there and watch the fireworks from the car! We ended up finding a little space by the exit of the Auckland Unversity Grafton Campus. Well other cars had already blocked off the exit so we thought we'd just park our car there, cross the road to watch was much as we can and then quickly make our way back to the car before it got towed away!

The number of people there was massive! There must've been so many more people than at Christmas in the Park or the Starlight Symphony! As soon as the fireworks were over we dashed across the road and back into the car and started moving. We didn't get very far though. All the people poured into the streets and we were surrounded by people! We couldn't even see the cars ahead of us and behind us because of the sheer number of people everywhere! We weren't moving any faster than the people, and so random people would come up to our window and say hi to us or wave to us! Finally we took a turn into a side street and lost the huge crowd!

We were at an intersection where this Chinese guy started reversing for no reason. We were on the other side of the road watching this. Everyone started honking their horns at him, so Aonghas thought he'd just have a little fun and join in by honking the horn too!

Today Aonghas was so tired he decided he wouldn't come to church with us and instead would drive himself to Sunday School. Church was boring. Angie didn't turn up AGAIN (thank goodness she got txt again!). While having lunch Aonghas's work kept ringing several times, which led me to wonder if Aonghas had actually gone to work after Sunday School or not! I brought this to my mum's attention, we drove back home and found Aonghas still sleeping and half an hour late for work!

I had to return a book to the library this afternoon when I met Nick's mum and his sister Olivia. I talked to his mum for a while, who said it looked like I had lost some weight! This isn't the first time someone has thought I've lost some weight! Last weekend at the barbeque Zippo's mum thought I looked as though I had lost a bit of weight, and so does my mum. I've actually lost about 5kg in the past while! I'm not too sure what has caused this, but it may possibly be due to having braces, as I've had to watch what I can and can't eat. I don't know if this is a good thing or not, losing weight and being skinny!!

I only realised tonight that we're already half way through what I guess you could consider our 'first term' of university! There's only three weeks to go till mid-semester break (oh and Gwen's birthday don't forget that! Y'all better start buying presents!) and I've got tests just before then which means I've got to get cracking!!!! So I'm off to bed for an early start tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment