Thursday 25 November 2004

Yesterday I finally got my pills which will help clear my face from pimples and !!hopefully!! make me look a lot better. The pharmacist who suggested that I should make an appointment with a dermatologist was like:

Oh so you saw him? That’s excellent! Your face will be clear in no time! It does wonders! However…you will experience dry lips, nose bleeds and you’ll have to cover up in the sun to avoid burning…

Very encouraging…

The pills I’m taking are called Isotane. This is what I found on the internet on this medicine:

 

Tell your doctor if you notice any of the following and they worry you:

  • dryness of the lips, mouth, throat, nose, eyes and skin, a moisturiser or petroleum jelly can be used to soften the lining of the nose, lips and the skin areas not affected by the acne
  • skin eruptions, rashes and itching, inflammation, redness, sweating or colouration
  • nail inflammation, infection or altered appearance
  • nosebleeds
  • tenderness or stiffness in your bones, joints or muscles
  • headache
  • an increased susceptibility to sunburn
  • hair loss or increased growth.

 

Boy am I going to have a great time in the next six months. Apparently Isotane can…

changes in your mood or behaviour (such as feelings of deep sadness and unworthiness or feeling "down"), or if you start to have suicidal thoughts or tendencies.

I can confidently say that this won’t happen to me. There’s no point to being depressed because it won’t get you anywhere. You just have to enjoy life and take it as it comes and make the most of it.

 

Anyway back to Isotane! For all you pimple faces out there who need help, check out this website http://www.medsafe.govt.nz/consumers/cmi/I/isotane.htm. In order to get this you have to make an appointment with a dermatologist.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment