Saturday 16 April 2011

Fishing for Keys

Today after teaching my last class for the term, my mum, Aonghas and I went to Newmarket to take me to the optometrists to get my eyes examined.

I had my eye test and once it was finished I was left to check out which frames I wanted. I texted Aonghas to find out where he and my mum were, as they were supposed to join me to help me choose. He replied, saying he had dropped his keys down the drain as he got out of the car, and so had to wait by the car till AA arrived since it was unlocked!

I went back to the car to find my mum and Aonghas waiting outside. Aonghas showed me the rolled newspaper he had tried sticking into the drain to determine its depth. It was so deep he could drop the whole newspaper into the drain!

Two hours had almost passed and AA hadn't arrived, so Aonghas decided to take matters into his own hands. He was thinking about buying a cheap broom from a nearby cheap $2 store and using it to find the keys, or a magnet on an extend-able arm thing. He went off looking for a store, and eventually found one. He asked the Korean man at the store said they didn't have one of those magnet things, but they did sell a bag of craft magnets, and suggested using some fishing rod.

Aonghas came back with the bag of magnets and the fishing rod. He tied the bag of magnets to the fishing rod and dropped it into the drain. He moved it around until he could feel the keys clicking on to the magnets. He saved our keys!



He called AA to let them know no one had come to our aid and explained how he solved the problem himself!


(http://youtu.be/CS7C-jaWOTg)

No comments:

Post a Comment