Saturday 16 April 2011

Bad Eyesight!

Today after finishing music teaching, my mum, Aonghas and I went into Newmarket so that I could finally redeem my coupon which entitled me to an eye exam, and two pairs of designer glasses. I got the coupon cheap on one of those one-day-discount websites.

My appointment was at 1pm and I only just got there in time. The eyesight test was first, which saw me staring into this machine while it was determining how good/bad my eyes were (most likely bad!), before it blew air into my eyes to determine the pressure in my eyes.

After that, they took me into another room to determine which lens let me see the best, which meant reading all those different sized letters!

Once that was all done, it was time to choose the frames! I had a hard time with this. I'm bad at making decisions. I was hoping my mum and Aonghas had arrived at the optometrists by now, but there was a little incident with Aonghas dropping the keys down the drain...

I had to go back to see what was going on (which you can read about in the next post) before we could all finally go back to the optometrists.

I almost settled on these Tommy Hilfiger glasses and one other pair of glasses (my mum wanted me to have at least one normal pair) when the people at the store found a pair of FCUK glasses which they though suited me more. They thought it made the Tommy Hilfiger glasses look like safety glasses in comparison!

Anyway they should be arriving in 7 to 10 working days, hopefully in time for graduation!

No comments:

Post a Comment