Friday 23 January 2009

Birthday Bore

My 20th birthday came around and I have to say it was one of the most boring birthdays I've had, but then again my birthdays have usually been a boring affair! My friend Phoebe had been pushing me to do something special but I ended up putting it off and didn't get round to it. I don't know if anyone would've wanted to celebrate it anyway!

So I didn't really do much on my birthday. I woke up especially early to watch Obama's Inauguration on TV. We chose Al Jazeera over TV One and TV3 after they chose to talk all over their coverage, interviewing people who had no relevance to the event, but I'll leave that rant for another day!

I caught the bus with Phoebe into the city and walked with her to her Commercial Law class and waited in the foyer till the lecture theatre was open. We were the first people there! Eventually Alice's friend and their friend Lisa arrived and then Angie came. It was funny. She didn't say anything to me about my birthday till sometime later in the afternoon after she had texted me to tell me she had a new phone when she randomly said 'Happy Birthday!' to me! Gwen came later and gave me a hug which was really cool!

Once their lecture started I went over to the Information Commons for the Dessert Club Committee meeting which lasted for a couple hours. We have new members this year so we got to meet them, plus we have new positions this year! I'm in charge of Facebook and the website...I suppose you could call it 'online content'. Let's just say I made a tactical blunder when it came to being assigned positions!

Once the meeting was over we all went to this Korean restaurant that's located in the Chinese pagoda-looking building. It was the first time I ever went inside that building! I had some chicken and rice meal and fortunately I had just enough money to afford it!

The new committee members left and so a few of us went to Yogoberry's (one of our sponsors last year!) for ice-cream, when one of my pharmacy friends rang me up to ask me for advice on stuff! (Not pharmacy advice, but more like course/career planning advice lol).

Before I went to catch my bus home I visited Phoebe and Archi who were in the AUT library. I only talked to them for a couple of minutes before I had to go. I just really wanted to check out their library! haha I didn't spend enough time in there to form an impression though!

That night my family and I had pizza for dinner which was something slightly special since we haven't had pizza in a few months. I guess that was my 'birthday cake' in a way. I didn't make a wish before eating it though. If I did my wish probably would've been retarded!

So while there was no cake, no presents, there were txt messages, Facebook comments and emails which were nice to receive and made my day that much more special.

Thanks to Ai Ping, Kunsala, Michael, Navya, Neha, Jacky, Teresa, Himesh, Mubashra, On, Zippo, Amber, Edwin, Young Bin, Leo, Rhea, Jane, Anzie, Anisha, Jade, Kevin, Tim, Ellyce, Jireh, Kyle, Estee, Lun Shen, Disha, Chae-Leen, Andromeda, Kimberly, Ji Eun and Cecilia for the birthday wishes on Facebook!

Thanks to Gwen (also for the birthday hug!!), Angie, Szelin, Mimi, Mischa, Melissa, Jacqueline, Phoebe, Sachin, Jessica, James, Alex D, Alex S, Jennifer, Julie and Zahir for the birthday text messages.

And finally, thanks to Hyun, Joon, Dominica and Diane for the birthday emails! They were really something special, getting emails from people overseas. Diane also sent me a couple text messages from China not too soon after our midnight which was also really special too.

So thanks guys for taking the time to wish me Happy Birthday! I haven't replied to anyone personally yet because I've been busy cramming for my stats test later today, but I will soon!

Oh and also Happy Birthday to Mimi and Angel who also had their birthday on the 21st!

No comments:

Post a Comment