Tuesday 6 January 2009

And Another Year Begins..

So while everyone was out partying or on holiday wherever, I was watching Runaway Bride up till 15 minutes before midnight when my brothers and I jumped in the car, crossed the bridge over to Te Atatu Peninsula to watch the fireworks from the side of the road (the Peninsula's got some good views! That's why some of those houses are worth millions of dollars!).

We weren't the only ones though, as there were quite a few gathered around the place waiting for the fireworks. I'm sure a few of them were intoxicated! We brought along our camera to try get some photos. I don't think they turned out so well though. We still haven't learnt how to use the camera properly!

Anyway when the clock struck midnight the fireworks came shooting off the top of the Sky Tower, passing cars honked and the people inside them shouted out

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!"









I tried sending 'Happy New Year' texts right after midnight, and that's when I realised why some people sent texts half a day ahead...so many people must've been trying to send texts that it made sending texts difficult and slow!

We got back home and spent the next couple hours watching some Taiwanese New Years show on Chinese TV since it was too hot to sleep. I texted my friend Angie for what seemed to be the longest period of time since a year ago which was weird!

We spent New Years Day shopping for paint to paint our house. We had originally planned on starting the painting that day but realised we didn't have paint! We were at Mitre 10 looking for paint when I got a text from Angie saying she was all alone at her work with nothing to do, and it was just a coincidence that her work was across the road! So Hamish and I crossed the road and said 'hi' to her. Her boss let her off early so she drove us back to Pak N' Save where our mum went shopping.

So it was a very uneventful New Years for us! Hopefully the rest of the year is a bit more exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment