Sunday 11 May 2008

Sleep Problems

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZIPPO!

On Friday morning I missed the bus stop for the second time! I caught the bus in the morning and usually I get off at the bus stop outside Aotea Square or outside the AMI (or AA?) Building. When I woke up though the bus had already passed it, so I had to get off at Britomark and walk all the way up Queen St to get to uni! Fortunately it hadn't started raining yet. Later in the day the rain just started falling in bucketloads! I felt really sorry for those graduating that day. Two of the people in my Sunday School class were graduating that day, Winston in Biomed and his sister Nadine in pharmacy. Hopefully they didn't get caught in the rain!

Anyway the night before I had caught the bus home at about 7pm and usually I get off at the intersection by the road I live down. However, when I woke up the bus had long passed the intersection and I had to get off at the next bus stop in Glendene, this nearby suburb and ended up walking all the way back home! At least it gave me time to eat my sandwiches!

I'm really having a problem with sleep at the moment. Since Wednesday I've been falling asleep more in my classes! I end up coming out of my lectures none the wiser and question the point of attending in the first place! Sometimes lecturers just read straight off the slides which is a bit of a waste of time too! I would rather make better use of my time by sitting in the library or wherever reading the slides and studying from the textbooks myself which would be of greater benefit! It's the guilt though that keeps me attending the lectures though! We had a discussion on temptation in our group at youth group on Friday night, and when I mentioned this as my temptation (to sleep in class or skip lectures), everyone else also mentioned sleeping in class as their temptation! It was really funny as the adult facilitator was in a bit of a state of disbelief! He was probably thinking what lazy kids!!

On Friday afternoon while my friends and I were walking back to the city from the Grafton campus, one suggested going to the engineering faculty to have lunch and I commented that there were too many guys there, and then they must've thought I was afraid of guys or gays and started teasing me about it! I tried defending myself by telling them I support Labour (in some ways) and doesn't that say something! What I really meant by my comment was that there wouldn't be that many girls to check out! haha But I think that got lost a bit. As I was defending myself though I walked straight into this big guy standing outside a cafe! I quickly apologised and kept walking straight ahead and avoided any further eye contact with him! He looked pretty staunch and he probably overheard our conversation!

But yeah as for the sleeping problem, I know...I've got to stop staying up late to watch The Late Show with David Letterman and go to bed early so I can get more sleep!!

No comments:

Post a Comment