Tuesday 6 May 2008

Movie Music Miss

I'm soo gutted I missed the Auckland Symphony Orchestra concert yesterday in the city! The programme of movie soundtrack music would've been my ultimate favourite!!! Their programme included The Lord of the Rings theme, Robin Hood theme, The Magnificent Seven, Forrest Gump, Pirates of the Caribbean and some others!

They're performing again this Sunday at the Bruce Mason Centre in Takapuna if you want to check it out, but you will need to book your free tickets though (if there's any left!).

Movie soundtrack music is one of my favourite genres of music because it tells a story and most of it is pretty darn good! Here's my list of favourite movie soundtrack music in no particular order (I'm sure they have proper names but I'm on slow internet and so cannot find out till I get broadband back!):

- Forrest Gump theme by John Williams
- The Shawshank Redemption theme by Thomas Newman
- Jurassic Park by John Williams
- Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves by John Williams
- The Green Mile by Thomas Newman
- Troy theme by James Horner
- Now We are Free (from Gladiator) sung by Lisa Gerrard, composed by Hans Zimmer
- Hedwig's Theme (from Harry Potter) by John Williams
- Harry's Wondrous World (from Harry Potter) by John Williams
- The Eternal Vow (main theme from Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon) by Tan Dun
- Southampton (from Titanic) by James Horner
- Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring by Howard Shore
- The Magnificent Seven by Elmer Bernstein

I'm sure there's many more great movie soundtrack music out there waiting to be listened to, so go to the movies and listen to some music! I'll keep on adding to this list (or make one on Windows Live Spaces) and if you know of any good tunes let me know so I can check it out too!

No comments:

Post a Comment