Friday 16 May 2008

Blooooood!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANE!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY HYUN and JOON (for Tuesday)

I've finally finished all my Medsci labs for this semester!! Yay!!! That means no more assessments or assignments to do for them! I also only have one lecture on Tuesdays for the rest of the semester!
We learnt how to determine our blood type as well as what we were allergic to in our last Medsci lab on Tuesday. That was really interesting. We each had to be pricked with a Lancet, one of those things diabetics use to prick themselves so they can test their blood (I think...) so we could take a sample of our blood and mix it with some antibodies. Of course me being me, I screwed up my blood sample and added the wrong thing to the wrong thing and so I got blood taken out of me for a second time. They pricked me right next to the place I got my first prick on my thumb, but this time after collecting my blood I started to feel dizzy! Before I managed to faint I went and sat down at the table and put my head down until I came right!

Anyway we came to the conclusion that my blood type is A+!

Now time for a confession (ssssshhhhhh don't tell my parents!) I skipped all my classes to work on an assignment due yesterday. I sorta felt bad but the assignment is more important! I have to say that I'm starting to question the importance of attending lectures, as I go to lectures, sleep and then come out not knowing any more! I could well be studying on my own and have learnt a lot more from that!

Ah well today I attended all my classes which also involved two three-hour labs (veery booooring. We spent most of the time standing around waiting for others to finish using the limited equipment!

Two more not so cool moments:

- I only remembered this morning that two of my library books were due YESTERDAY!! I tried seeing if Aonghas was taking the car to uni today but he was catching the bus so he couldn't bring my books with him. That will take the total of my fines up to...$7.55!! $10 is the limit when they'll block me from borrowing any more books!

- I tried sending a text this morning only to get a text back from Vodafone telling me I didn't have enough credit to send it. That's when I checked out my balance to discover I only had 14c left!!! Vodafone never reminded me that my TXT2000 would expire a couple days ago, so I spent $9 sending texts to people in the next couple days!

- I got off the computer in the computer science lab, whacked my finger against the table and scraped myself causing my finger to bleed just before my chemistry lab so I had to do it holding a tissue to my finger throughout!

No comments:

Post a Comment