Monday 1 October 2007

What a Sick Guy!

Yesterday was the first time I had thrown up since primary school and I can tell you it wasn't fun! After that I spent the rest of the day making trips to the toilet and struggling to sleep to forget the pain.

It's funny. I was recalling everything I learnt in health psychology. As I was lying there helplessly on the couch my dad was bringing a bucket over and a tarpaulin, but I refused it, as it would encourage 'sickness behaviour'. That's when you are in an environment that encourages you to think you are sick and so you continue thinking you're sick and don't improve as fast as you could be..or something like that...

Anyway I managed to get through the day having only consumed one bowl of Chinese porridge. I also had a really good sleep in my parents' bed. My mum's pillow is the nicest! So this morning I woke up earlier than usual, with a grumbling stomach!

By the way, did anyone watch Miss Asia Beauty Pageant 2007 on CTV8 on Saturday night? Once again a bit of a struggle trying to get through it, but it was a lot better than the 2006 pageant. One thing that made this year's more interesting though was knowing one of the contestants Julie Ding! I competed against her on the accordion a couple years ago! I completely screwed that performance up and she came first in that competition...
Congratulations to her though as she came third!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment