Friday 23 September 2005

Three Down

Term three is officially over! Even though exams finished a week before exams, the final week of the term was still pretty hectic. I got all my exam results. I didn't do the greatest. My best marks were in Chinese where I got all excellences but that isn't too significant since it's Chinese. Biology, chemistry, English and calculus (basically everything else!) wasn't too great, just average. Even though my worst marks came from physics, they were what made me happiest the most, because I passed everything in Physics despite going into the exam thinking I would fail everything!

For the past week I've been trying to finish this biology research assessment we were given several weeks ago. I chose to research laser eye surgery, seeing as I've got pretty bad eyes!

A few days ago the English teacher asked anyone if they wanted to enter the speech competition. Not one to pass up a good opportunity, I decided to enter, even though I didn't have anything to talk about! First I was thinking about speaking on sausages, but because I couldn't think of anything to say on them, I began thinking about bananas, and then when us guys were all talking about our old days at Rangeview, it got me thinking about how much I wanted to be a child again and how I was getting older and things were changing. So I decided to speak on living life to the fullest!

It was looking as though I would be up against no one till Shen decided to enter. He spoke about how its OK to cry.

So there I was, Thursday morning still up at 4am trying to get my biology assessment finished! Conflicting information from all around the internet was starting to drive me crazy! I hadn't even refined or practised my speech which I had to deliver in a few hours time! When I finally had everything finished I clicked print and...a message popped up on the computer screen saying 'REFILL BLACK INK'. Nooooo! Thank goodness we had biology first period this morning. While printing my biology assessment at school, I printed my speech.

In the end it was close but finally I came first in a speech competition after being beaten by Asians in two previous years! I feel a bit bad now because I'm sure Shen did pretty well (I didn't get to hear his speech as I was at biology) and am sure he probably deserved to win!

Anyway it's the holidays now for two weeks at least, and about time!



Check out the latest video at Xtra Broadband

No comments:

Post a Comment