Thursday 1 September 2005

Elections on!

The election race is hotting up, and no it ain't the NZ General Elections. It's the Rutherford College BOT Student Rep elections! After deciding not to stand for a third term this year, four candidates from four different year levels are standing for the position.

A year nine student and a year ten student are standing for student rep, as well as two of my best friends Chen and Joon, which creats a dilemma - do I vote for Chen or do I vote for Joon? I could somehow try and get two voting forms and give each of them one vote, but that would just cancel each other out and would be pointless, so instead, I could just vote for both of them on one voting form and let my vote be ruled invalid :D Then again, I could vote for one of them and just not let the other know...

Today saw the four candidates give their 'vote for me' speeches at junior assembly, with me introducing each of them. I can say that it seems like it will be a two-horse race. While Chen's speech featured his typical humour, Joon's speech was more of a straight-to-the-point formal this-is-what-I've-done-this-is-why-I-want-to-be-student-rep-vote-for-me speech. Chen pretty much has the year 11 (his year level) vote, while Joon may have most of the year 12 vote, so the junior votes will most likely the be the deciding factor. I haven't talked around yet, but it will probably be up to whether the juniors go for the more humorous or the more serious speech.

Even though the head student elections haven't started yet, from the sound of things it sounds like things are starting to heat up, especially amongst the girls for headgirl. It'll be interesting to see how things unravel!



Looking for love? Check out XtraMSN Personals

No comments:

Post a Comment