Thursday 29 September 2005

Calum Comments - Thursday 29 September

I haven't commented on anything in a long time so I thought I'd do so today, seeing as nothing much is happening in my life during the holidays.

A research project recently completed which involved 500 14 year old Wellington students, found that 1 in 4 are bored at school. I'm sure it must be a lot higher than that! Or maybe school is more interesting down in Wellington?

Continuing with education, I'm glad to hear the PPTA have voted to oppose the Cambridge exam system. I won't go on about the need for a refined and constantly improving NCEA system again.

Isn't it amazing how we have so many of those singing idol/popstar/superstar shows on TV now? With NZ Idol and So you wannabe a Popstar? on TV2, and Sing like a Superstar on TV3, I think that is a bit too much, but its early days. We'll have to wait and see if these 'famous' New Zealanders are any good at singing, or making good TV...

It's good to see more NZ drama on TV though, even though most of it I wouldn't watch, like Outrageous Fortune, Interrogation (we don't have an UHF aerial so we can't even tune into Prime anyway!) and The Market, but why does NZ drama (excluding Shortland St) always need to have explicit language and sex scenes? I suppose in a way we could say it reflects our society, but no wonder NZ drama is always screened at times when no one is awake!



Read the latest Hollywood gossip at XtraMSN Entertainment

1 comment:

  1. the singers on so you wannabe a popstar last nite actually werent too bad! but i dunno if its the bakup singers in the corner thats makin them sound good tho

    ReplyDelete