Sunday 10 April 2005

Money Isn't Everything

It’s interesting to read how the co-founders of Google reduced their individual salaries to US$1 last year. Obviously they realised they didn’t necessarily need all that money. What difference would it make anyway if you’re worth over a billion dollars?  What would you spend a $1 billion with? If I had that much money…well…I’d first probably put it in the bank so I could accumulate interest (unexpectedly!), then I would probably pay for our family to go on a holiday to Hong Kong to visit the relatives. It has been ten years since we last went there!

 

Of course money isn’t everything, and we’ve seen that in Prince Charles and Lady Camilla Parker Bowles’ wedding. Well I don’t know if she’s marrying him just for his money, but he isn’t exactly rolling around in cash either. Then again, he would be rolling around in more than I ever will! However, because Prince Charles decided against signing a pre-nuptial agreement, if Charles and Camilla happen to divorce, Camilla could come away with a lot more than she had before she married. When Princess Diana and Prince Charles divorced in 1996, Diana came away with a lump sum of £17.5 million to pay off her debts, and that basically crippled Charles, with him having to liquidate assets and sell off his investments. But who knows if history will repeat this time round. Camilla and Charles have been at it for something like 33 years? Unless they realise the juice has all dried up from their relationship, they’re most likely destined to be together for quite some time to come.

 

Sure money makes the world go around, but it can’t beat love (and I know this sounds stupid). As much as I hate to say it, the love bug is definitely spreading around school faster than anything else, and it looks to be incurable! At least it is making people a lot happier! I can think of one person in particular but thou shall not be named, who has been a lot upbeat and happier ever since she got together with her current boyfriend. All I can say is that I hope they last the distance! I think right now I could possibly name at least ten of my friends who are in relationships, which is a bit overwhelming. Everyone really is maturing and growing up! That’s a good thing though, we all deserve someone.  

1 comment:

  1. If anyone wants to know its Estee and Pita:P!!!!

    ReplyDelete