Saturday 23 January 2010

A Visit to the Gardens

Today we went on a church outing to the Botanical Gardens. We had to get to church early as we were all catching the bus there together.

I was expecting the bus to be one of those cheap buses, but it turned out to be one of those flash coaches that had a TV, air conditioning and curtains! Of course we didn't get to watch any TV during the trip though.

I was sitting next to Hamish on the way there but behind Andrew, so I got to listen to some Chinese music that he and Rachel (this other girl) had. One of the organisers of the trip was talking on the microphone along the way, but it was in Chinese of course and so I just ignored him and kept listening to the music when he called out to me on the microphone! I didn't notice until others alerted me!

We finally got to the Botanical Gardens and we got split up into groups before having a walk around, looking at the flowers. The weather wasn't too great to begin with. The clouds were grey and it was spitting a bit. Fortunately it got sunnier as the day progressed!

We stopped for a while to play a few group games, like having to pass a ping-pong ball along a line of people using only either two forks per person or chopsticks. Our team won of course! Another game involved fitting all the team members onto a circle piece of cardboard, and also trying to balance sticks onto a milk bottle lid.

After the games it was finally lunch and I was hungry by then! We all sat together and had a bit of a picnic!

We did a bit more wandering around after lunch, but a few of us had to go to the toilet so we spent most of our time walking all the way back to the entrance to go to the toilet. By then there wasn't much time left so we just stayed there and waited for everyone else to come back.

I was quite surprised at how big the Botanical Gardens was. I haven't been there in ages and don't remember a thing about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment