Tuesday 19 January 2010

Body Clock: Out of Order

We haven't had youth group on a Friday night since mid-December, but we still see our youth group friends at church every Sunday. The parents of the Chin sisters who are in our youth group (Claire, Cleo and Carmen) were out from Friday till Saturday morning, and so the girls invited us Anderson brothers to have dinner and hang out with them along with Grace and her brother Sam, who are their close family friends. Grace also goes to our youth group as well.  

We went over to their house later in the evening and while I hung out with Grace, Carmen and Sam just listening to their music and playing with their dog Happy (apparently she likes me??) while Aonghas, Cleo and Hamish went out to buy the food.

They eventually came back with the pizza, tacos, nachos and some other vegetables. We did a bit of cooking...well the girls did most of the cooking. Cleo and Sam played with the mince on the stove while Grace chopped the little tomatoes and I scooped out the avocado!

Once we got all the food sorted we had our taco's for dinner! It was a bit messy for some but it tasted good! 

We mucked around for a little while. Sam played his guitar for us, and Cleo and I practised our songs for the children's summer programme since we'd be leading the singing, before we decided to watch one of the Saw movies, I can't remember which one but I think it was Saw IV. It was gruesome! I have to say though that I'm getting better at watching these gory movies after having seen a lot of this sorta stuff in pharmacy!

As we approached midnight we got a phone call from our mum asking us where we were, and I managed to buy some time buy telling her we were watching a movie and that it would finish by 1am, so we got another couple of hours. Aonghas had to ring her later on to try buy some more time and in the end somehow got us permission to stay the night, or at least till early morning! 

Halfway through the movie though I went into Cleo's bedroom and Cleo and Grace tried straightening my hair! Apparently I look better and a lot more Asian with straightened hair! Maybe I should get it permanently straightened! I've always wished for straight hair. I really hate my half curly hair!
 


Aonghas also got the makeover treatment and tried on some make-up, although I don't really know what he tried on, as he washed it off quite soon after! 

While he was getting it done, Carmen and I just chilled in the lounge listening to the music on her iPod Touch, as she tried explaining to me the concept of Japanese music and guys that look like girls, or something like that! The biggest and greatest discovery though was Girls Generation! If you get a chance, look up a song by them called 'Gee'! Apparently the eight Korean girls who make up this group all have had plastic surgery. No wonder they don't look too bad! Carmen and I had a little discussion as to which ones we thought we were hot.

Eventually we all gathered together again to have some ice-cream. While I was playing with Carmen's teddy bear Montgomery, Grace chucked a blanket over me and ordered me to sleep! She tried brushing my hair to make me sleep but it wasn't going to work! Oh yeah I forgot to mention, we were still having our competition to see who could fall asleep first! 
 

We continued to muck around, listening to music in Cleo's bedroom, singing to Jesse McCartney and just touching stuff (objects not people!) while Hamish and Claire took a little snooze in the lounge, till somehow the time eventually reached 5am! We thought we'd better leave and head home before our parents woke up. As we drove away, Carmen and Grace went for their morning run alongside our car!
 

We managed to get inside without waking the parents. Aonghas just went to sleep on the couch while Hamish and I sneaked into the bedroom! Sadly, I somehow managed to fall asleep before Grace grrrrrrr! At least I got three hours of sleep before we all had to go to church for our children's summer programme meeting.

We thought we'd be late there, but the girls arrived even later! We all just learnt about the crafts we'd be getting the kids to do. I have to say I started to get a bit weary and dozed off a little while we were going through that! 

After the break, Cleo and I had to teach all the helpers the songs we'd be leading. I wasn't too sure how it'd go since we were going to do two new songs, but they all seemed to learn them quickly! I guess they're children's songs after all!

I had to leave the meeting slightly early though to go to my friend Diane's birthday dinner. Hopefully I'd still be wide awake!

No comments:

Post a Comment