Thursday 7 January 2010

Girls These Days...

I only now realise I probably shouldn't have put 'Find a girlfriend' as number one on my list of New Years' Resolutions for 2010 as that kinda makes me slightly desperate! I forgot to mention though that my list is not in order of priority, and that that particular resolution just happened to make it to the top since it's probably one that hasn't changed in the five years I've been making New Years' resolutions! 

As for my New Years' resolutions, I decided to add another one, 'Not to make any bets', since I always seem to lose bets and it isn't such a great idea to make bets. Unfortunately I've already failed at that resolution! I made a bet with Grace, a girl from my youth group that I would stay awake longer than her for the past several days, and so I've been texting her into the early hours of a few mornings with one time lasting up to almost 5am! I always thought I stayed up pretty late at night, but I seem to always end up falling asleep! I guess that tends to happen when you're lying down. So far the score is 7-3 to her, with the winner being the first to 10. I don't know what the loser has to do just yet, but one thing I'm sure of is that I'm not going to lose! I guess the upside to all this is I'm getting to know her a whole lot better! She'll probably get really bored of me soon though. That'd improve my chances of winning though ;) ssshhhhh....

I had to lead children's worship at church last week, and have to do so again this coming Sunday. In fact, I'm helping out with the children's summer programme at church all week next week and they've asked me to lead children's singing together with another girl in my youth group! Anyway back to the point, I almost failed with one of my other New Years' resolutions - 13. Be Nice to Daisy. For those who don't know, Daisy is this girl at my church who I first happened to meet at the end-of-year concert at the music school I teach. I was backstage with my students, warming them up when she comes along and starts mocking me! From then on I've picked on her at church...in a friendly way of course! She picks on me first!!! I guess that's the way we've sorta bonded (is that the right word?) although towards the end of the year she started complaining I was picking on her! So I promised her I would make it one of my New Years' resolutions to Be Nice to Daisy

My first challenge was when I had to lead worship last Sunday morning. She came in with her friend. Some other girl mentioned something about her being emo and being gangster, so I innocently asked if she was an emo gangster, and she accused me of calling her an emo gangster!

The next thing I know, I hear from some of the girls after I've led worship that someone commented that I sing weirdly! I may sound funny because I get into child mode! No guesses as to who made that comment...Be nice Calum, be nice Calum, be nice Calum...

Anyway there's this girl at church who I...have to deal with (I won't name any names) who keeps accusing me of being lazy just because she always sees me on Facebook and I always happen to be watching TV whenever she sees me on Facebook. She then starts going on about how she thinks my brother (Aonghas) will be more successful just because he has a job at Cotton On! OK so I don't have a job right now and am still trying to look for one (so if anyone can help me out, let me know!), but I've tried reminding her that I do have a job...for most of the year - I teach music! 

I actually enjoy my job too, and if I was offered a job at a pharmacy that would clash with my teaching time I would rather teach than to give it up for a pharmacy job! I just find teaching music so much more rewarding and fun, especially knowing you're starting a child off on a musical journey (as cheesy as it sounds!). I also have the freedom to plan my lessons and pretty much do what I want in my own classroom, and have the coolest boss, as you could probably tell! So little girl, I do have a job and I enjoy it thank you very much :D

And finally, it's one of my best friends' 21st birthdays this weekend. We both agreed that we would give each other meaningful, sentimental birthday presents and so lately she's been telling me how she's been working on my present and how great it is, while I'm still at the thinking and planning stages! I have a few ideas but I don't know which one to go with, and what she'd like the most! If anyone has any general ideas of something sentimental I can do or make, let me know!

2 comments: