Wednesday 30 December 2009

End of Year Survey

Time for an end-of-year survey I do at the end of every year:

01 What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
Went inside a night club for the first time ever!

02 Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Well...I will post more about my New years' resolutions in a later post!

03 Did anyone close to you give birth?
Karvin, my youth group leader's wife gave birth to a son, while John, one of my Sunday School teacher's wife gave birth to a son as well!

04 Did anyone close to you die?
I don't think so, unless you consider Michael Jackson close!

05 What countries did you visit?
None :(

06 What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
Confidence, especially in what I'm doing and what I'm studying

07 What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
21 January (20 January in USA) - President Obama's inauguration ceremony
2 February - When I went in for my surgery
25 June - Date of Michael Jackson's death

08 What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Passing 3rd year of Pharmacy!

09 What was your biggest failure?
My grades not getting any better, and not finding a job. I've had a few other failures as well, but they're kinda shameful!

10 Did you suffer illness or injury?
I did have surgery in February which made me a little ill for a few days, and I've been experiencing headaches and jaw pain only recently this month, but it's gone away...for now! I've also suffered a few minor injuries such as bruises to the knee and scratches but they're nothing!

11 What was the best thing you bought?
I haven't bought anything flash this year, but if we were to change this to the most expensive thing I bought, I'd have to say my $230 textbook that weighs 5kg - 'Pharmacotherapy - A Physiologic Approach'. I hardly brought it to uni since it was so heavy! I only started understanding it towards the end of the year though. Fortunately (or unfortunately?) I'll be using it more next year...

12 Whose behaviour merited celebration?
The way my youth group got together to support fellow members at events, such as Cleo and Jenny's orchestra performance and Stephanie's baptism. They also all got together to help me learn a Chinese song at camp! Makes you all warm and fuzzy inside!

13 Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Ummmm certain person/people...thought they/the person had changed for the better but is/are still the same. Doesn't mean I'm not friends with them though!

14 Where did most of your money go?
Sadly I'd have to say bus passes and food. Being isolated in Grafton means not a lot of choice in food without walking all the way back to the city!

15 What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The community pharmacy placement! Oh yeah like totally! Not...Probably more like my youth group camp!

16 What song will always remind you of 2009?
Love Story/You Belong to Me by Taylor Swift, Pokerface by Lady Gaga or Jai Ho! by A. R. Rahman feat. Pussycat Dolls for no reason except that they were really popular songs this year!

17 Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Let's just say...neutral! Certain things have made me happier (such as youth group), while others have made sadder.
b) thinner or fatter? I feel fatter than before, although for most of the year I have been thinner weight-wise after losing several kg's after surgery
c) richer or poorer? In terms of money, I'd be richer but I spent a lot more this year than previous years

18 What do you wish you'd done more of?
Working out! I'm skinny as! I also wish I could've got closer to some people and catch up with old friends a lot more. Other things I wish I had done more of include learning Chinese and music theory!

19 What do you wish you'd done less of?
Teasing and picking on certain girls. You know who you are! haha I'm sorry :(

20 How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent Christmas morning leading children's worship at church, and then had lunch with the cousins before checking out the Christmas lights in Ponsonby with the family.

21 How will you be spending New Years?
Probably on the side of a road somewhere in Te Atatu Peninsula once again with the family watching fireworks shooting off the Sky Tower

22 Did you fall in love in 2009?
Sadly, no.

23 How many one-night stands?
I don't roll that way ;)

24 What was your favourite TV programme?
I've had several this year - besides the usual Lost, Smallville and Desperate Housewives, my new favourite TV programmes this year have been Glee, V and Grey's Anatomy!

25 Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Nope, or I try not to anyway

26 What was the best book you read?
I don't think I've completed reading a single novel this year, but the closest I've gotten to completing a novel was Twilight at the beginning of the year, and I only read the first ten chapters!

27 What was your greatest musical discovery?
Lady Gaga (whether I like her music or not is another thing...) - both her music and her weird, weird fashion sense

28 What did you want and get?
Passing 3rd year of pharmacy! I have absolutely no idea how I pulled it off! I was almost 100% I would be repeating next year.

29 What did you want and not get?
I really wanted to know what I want to do with my life, but I'm still struggling to find it. I also really wanted to become better friends with certain people but that didn't quite happen...

30 What was your favorite film of this year?
Of the movies I've watched for the very first time this year, I'd have to say Wall-E

31 What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
On my 20th birthday I went into university for Summer School, a Dessert Club committee meeting and then pizza for birthday with my family. It wasn't too spectacular!

32 What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Making more close friends I guess? You can never have too many close friends!

33 How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Baggy! It's mainly consisted of T-shirt and shorts. I've been deviating from the usual dark t-shirt and have been experimenting with brighter colours and polo shirts!

34 What kept you sane?
Having my friends around to moan and groan to, and ask for advice!

35 Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Fancy as in like? Probably none, but if we talk about admire, I'd have to say Michael Jackson for his music. You only realise how great it is once he's gone!

36 What political issue stirred you the most?
Climate change, not so much that it stirred me the most, but rather I kept hearing about it and got sick of it that I just couldn't care anymore.

37 Who did you miss?
I missed one of my friends when she went to Australia for a week (I know...it was only a week!), but what I missed more was how close I used to be with some friends and now we seem so distant. We hardly talk to each other!

38 Who was the best new person you met?
Uhhhhh.....not so much new person but people I got to know a whole lot more and become really good friends with include the new people in my youth group, a few of my pharmacy friends such as Natalie and Scholastica.

39 Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
To be successful you need to choose one thing and be really good at it, rather than be average at a whole lot of things, or else you'll end up as a 'Jack of all trades, a master of none'. You'll will never rise above the others and make a name for yourself that way! 

No comments:

Post a Comment