Wednesday 30 December 2009

Catching up with Old Mates

Yesterday I had an almost two hour conversation with Hyun and Joon, two of my best friends who left me after high school for Korea and then America! I've long gotten over that now though. I'm moving on!

Anyway we caught up with each other, updating each other on what's been going on at both ends. It sounds like they're doing really well over there! I emailed them a little video message from me for Christmas since it's been almost three years since we last talked to each other in person. It was good hearing their voices again too. They haven't picked up an American accent just yet, which is equally good!

Hyun and I have a little bet/pact/whatever you want to call it going on, which we were hoping to settle this year, but it looks like the two year old bet/pact/whatever you want to call it will keep going next year!

I can't believe 2009 is almost over though! I didn't realise we were so close to the end of the year! With Christmas over, I don't really have much left to do in 2009 (or the remaining two days to put it in perspective). Well...that's not really true. I've still got to organise music that us three Anderson brothers will be playing at our cousin's wedding in February.

I've also got to sort out what I'll doing for my 21st, if anything! My parents have been pushing me more than anything. I always try to avoid thinking about how I'll be spending my birthday. I guess what makes me try to avoid thinking about planning birthday parties or whatever you call it is that I'm so unfamiliar with parties! I'm not such a party person. I may attend parties and have fun but I'm not one who knows how to organise one! I'm also not one to draw attention to myself and I try my best to avoid making things about me (ain't that so vein? hahaha) It was good when my friends organised a surprise 18th birthday for me a couple years ago, but then again that's me being lazy and not organising things for myself! So I will probably have to get onto sorting out my 21st. Whether it'll be a big thing or not is another matter.

Besides that though, it'll be a very quiet end to 2009, just mucking around at home (and trying to fix it up as well!) and texting certain stalkers (you know who you are!). I'm catching up with one of my friends tomorrow for the first time in a year though so that will be exciting but a little nerve-wracking as it always is. Even though we hardly talk to each other in person, we always chat and text each other so hopefully it won't be awkward like past years!

No comments:

Post a Comment