Sunday 28 August 2011

Korean, Arab, Maori?

Today I had to miss church (and a potluck lunch!) to attend a rehearsal at Mt Smart Stadium with Aonghas. Once again it's top secret!

It was so hot rehearsal had to be paused after someone fainted! They provided us with heaps of water though which was good. If only they gave us more than a muesli bar for a snack! Lunch wasn't too bad, consisting of a sandwich, muffin and orange, but because I missed breakfast I was still hungry after that!

The weirdest thing that happened to me today though was while I was lining up, a lady came up to me and asked

"Are you Samoan?"

I told her I wasn't, and she then apologised and said she thought I was her Samoan nephew and was coming over to say 'hi'! She realised though that he was a lot taller than me! Afterwards I told her I was half NZ half Chinese.

Later on, another guy asked me where I was from and so I told him. I asked him what he thought I was, and he told me he thought I was Arab or Middle-Eastern!

No comments:

Post a Comment