Thursday 4 August 2011

Farewelling a Workmate

As mentioned in one of my earlier posts, one of my workmates is leaving after over eight years working at the pharmacy I work at and today was her last day at work. While today was pretty much work as usual, we decided to farewell her over dinner last night at this small little Italian restaurant down Fort Street in the city.

I have to admit it was the first time I had done anything with my workmates outside of work, so it would be a little different and...weird? It was pretty good though, not having to worry about always being 'onto' it!

We all decided to order a couple of slices of pizza along with some pasta. The theme of the restaurant was Al Capone, so the items on the menu all had gangster names. I think the pizza I ordered was called Benny "Bullet"!

We talked for a while and ate some garlic bread that had been given to us. They ended up giving my preceptor the wrong pizza which had meat on it (my preceptor couldn't eat it), so I switched pizzas with my preceptor. It tasted good nonetheless! The restaurant gave us some slices of pizza on the house for the mix-up, which was nice of them! Since I was the only guy there, they expected me to eat the rest of the food that no one else wanted!

The pasta came a little later. The food along with plenty of glasses of water and a glass of pineapple juice made me full by the end of the night! One of the ladies couldn't finish her plate so she gave her leftovers to me!

It was approaching 8pm and so we decided to make our way home. It was a good night and I'll miss my workmate. Thanks for being so kind and supportive throughout this year!

Today as she left for the last time, she left me with these words

"Make sure you pass!"

I definitely will try to!

No comments:

Post a Comment