Friday 5 August 2011

Let There be Internet!

I finally managed to get mobile internet going on my phone six months after buying it, and in the end it wasn't my phone or my problem at all, but Vodafone's!

I rang up technical support and got someone from New Zealand at the other end. I explained the situation to him and straight away he offered to email me the APN settings to follow. I immediately told him I had already tried that! 

He then put me on hold for five minutes.

When he returned, he asked me to try connect on my phone and you won't believe how I felt when I saw it connected!

I tried to ask him what went wrong and he told me some settings weren't correct at their end! I had been thinking it was my problem all this time! 

He asked me if there was anything he could help me with before hanging up on me abruptly! He wasn't exactly the friendliest person to talk to. I was hoping he would have felt sympathetic and give me some sort of compensation for not being able to connect for several months!

No comments:

Post a Comment