Tuesday 8 February 2011

The First Step Towards Buffness

I finally joined the gym last Thursday after saying I would for the last two years, and today was the first time I actually went to the gym! 

Aonghas cycled in to the city to meet up with me after work and we went in together. Aonghas was more or less my personal trainer for the night, taking me around to some of the machines and teaching me how to use them. 

We started off doing some leg presses (is that what they're called?) where I sat down on this machine and pushed up against this platform with my feet. Aonghas told me to do 12 at a time, take a rest and do 12 more, then take another rest before doing one final set of 12. My legs were sore after that!

Next on the circuit was this machine that made me push these two bars forward using my hands and upper body strength. We also lifted weights, and used this other machine where I had to pull down this handle thing to lift some weights. Boy were my arms so sore by the end of it!

The final thing we did before we finished for the night were the good old sit-ups. Aonghas then cycled back home while I went to McDonald's (there goes all the hard work!).

I never expected working out at the gym to make me feel a lot better after a bad day at work! 

No comments:

Post a Comment