Thursday 15 April 2010

Going out with the Oddfellows

It took me a whole week of planning, but finally the Oddfellows Ultra-Mega Get-Together was all go! The weekend before, some people in our youth group had suggested that we have an informal get-together outside of youth group just to hang out, so guess who got put in charge of organising it? Yours truly!

Trust me when I say organising outings isn't as easy as it seems, especially when it's going to the movies and different people have seen different movies, movies have different ratings and people are different ages, and there is no blockbuster out! At one stage I was thinking of just saying we were all going to go watch The Last Song! In the end I managed to arrange it so that we'd have dinner at the West City foodcourt first, then the younger people could go watch Clash of the Titans in 3D first. A little later a couple of the girls could watch When in Rome, while us older people could watch Kick-A$$!

We got a decent turnout with about twelve people showing up. Aonghas had to go pick up Jireh, Ben  and Angie, and with Hamish in the car as well that meant there wouldn't be enough space for all of us, so I decided to walk down to West City. I didn't realise that it'd start to rain though! I got to West City completely soaked and had to stand under the hand dryer for a little while just to dry up slightly!

Once everyone arrived, each person bought their own dinner, while my brothers and I just ate the food our mum had cooked us. She wanted us to save money since we spent money on the Korean BBQ the night before.

It was soon time for the first lot to go watch Clash of the Titans, so they went off. The rest of us just hung out for an hour before it was time for us to go!

We had a bit of a problem though, with Grace likely to be the only one to go watch When in Rome! I was tempted to just offer to watch it with her, but then Angie said she'd watch it with her. Claire, my brothers and I went to watch Kick-A$$ which I must say was a pretty good movie! It was hilarious and quite gruesome!

After the movie we all met up in the foyer before it was time to go our separate ways. We had a bit of a problem in terms of transport, as you remember how I had to walk to West City earlier. I offered to just walk home because I've done so many times at that time of night, but they insisted I get in the car with them. That meant we had to squish four people into the back of the car!

On the way home we had to pass the police station, so it was just lucky they didn't see us!

No comments:

Post a Comment