Friday 30 April 2010

Almost Had Enough!

I just keep getting things wrong in the dispensing lab! Arrgh! I've tried correcting my mistakes after each dispensing lab but they just keep finding something else that's wrong with me!

We have to go into these side rooms to talk to a tutor who acts as a 'doctor' for our prescriber consultation. I went to see a different 'doctor' than the one I usually go to see, and at the beginning asked her what her name is (for legal reasons!) and she said it should be on the computer.

When I got back to the computer station I was at, the name of the doctor was 'Dr Community', so that's what I wrote down on the prescription.

Next, when I went into the side room for my patient consultation, the tutor who was acting as the patient saw 'Dr Community' written on the prescription and asked me if that was right, and I told her that's what my doctor told me to do. After the lab, I asked one of my tutors what was up with all that, and she said we were supposed to know the doctor's name just by using the tutor's name! I thought we were supposed  to always ask the doctor!

Arrrgh! I was so despondent after that. I don't think I'll ever get this dispensing thing right!

No comments:

Post a Comment