Saturday 3 April 2010

A Busy Day

Today was quite a busy day. I had the Dessert Club's Easter Bunny Hunt to help out with in the afternoon, then Gwen's 21st birthday straight after, and then an extended family dinner to conclude the day!

Let's start off with the Easter Bunny Hunt. Our club ran a competition where teams of three had to find our posters, read the clue and take a photo of a pose they thought the clue was hinting at, before reading another clue to figure out where the next stop was.

I wasn't told when we were supposed to meet so I ended up coming slightly late. The rest of the committee members were already there and were working hard, cutting things out and sticking things together. I joined in.

We then went out to put up the posters at different locations around the campus. I got to put up a poster at the Architecture School. I put it at the back of a pillar, overlooking a balcony. It was hilarious watching people trying to find that poster!

All the participants met up at the quad and we put them into randomly selected teams. As soon as it was all sorted, time started and off the teams went! They had two hours to make it to as many stops as possible!

I went around taking videos and photos of the groups. Of course I never introduced myself to any of them, and because I haven't been to too many Dessert Club events, some people didn't realise I was in the committee and so I had some people exclaiming

"Hey why are you stalking us!"


I was filming most of the time, so I couldn't exactly reply out loud!

Back to that poster I put up at the Architecture School...well it was quite funny. I followed a couple of teams there and one team was wandering along the balcony looking for it. One of the girls was looking over the balcony for the poster, not realising she was standing right next to it! The other team saw it and then one member said out loud to the other

"I can't see it. Let's go!"


They wandered off till the other team spotted it and then quickly ran back to complete the task.

The hunt was won by a team that had an ex-committee member as a member, which raised some eyebrows but believe me it was completely legit!

The hunt wasn't solely determined on who finished first though, as we still had to judge the photos and poses to give extra points! While that was taking place, a few of us committee members led the competitors back up to the Quad for a mini competition to see how many marshmellows they could fit in their mouth! It was quite amusing! I think the most someone fit in their mouth was 42! They immediately spit it all in the rubbish bin after!

I couldn't stay for too long before I had to catch a bus back into Te Atatu Peninsula for Gwen's 21st birthday!  As soon as I got off though, I realised I couldn't remember where she lived! It's been a while since I last was there! Fortunately with a bit of direction I made it there.

It was the first time I caught up with some of my intermediate school friends in ages! We just sat around talking while eating some food (I was trying to be healthy by eating celery sticks!).

Now this time I actually managed to get a present for Gwen! I contributed to this little special 21st box thing that my friends Zahir, Alex and Chloe had bought for her, and I also got her a mashimaro!

I could only stay for a couple hours though, as I had to go to an extended family dinner. Recent bad news had made this dinner all the more important for me to be there. While I had missed dinner, I made it just in time for dessert!

We all sat around the TV afterwards to check out the professional photos taken of Jeremy and Asumi's wedding!

What a busy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment