Saturday 23 May 2009

When Things Go Wrong, All You can do is Smile

I've had a quite a few mishaps this week:

- I was sitting in the toilet (try not to visualise!) when the fire alarm went off! I had no idea what to do! Let's just say I got caught out! Originally I thought maybe I'll just keep going and hope the alarm would be short-lived and no one would notice I was still in the toilet. The only thing is that if there was a real fire and I died, they'd find my body with my pants down (assuming my body wasn't completely burnt!)...

- I was sitting in the business school foyer eating my rice with beef and some sauce out of a container. I tried to pick up a piece of beef with my fork when I accidentally pushed my container off the table! Fortunately I was able to catch the container to limit the spillage but I still got a bit of food on the ground and on my schoolbag! I tried to smile, clean up the mess and then carry on with what I was doing, pretending it never happened.

Later when my friend Alice came to hang out, I tried to steer her away from that area! Instead we hung out a few levels above in the business school which was actually quite cool!

- Yesterday after class and on my way to the bus stop, I dropped in to McDonalds to pick up an apple pie. As I had just finished the fries I had bought from uni and had dirty hands, I went into the toilet to wash my hands. The lower pocket of my shorts got caught on the door briefly though and when I made it in to the toilet, I noticed my pocket was almost ripped off! Why do I always seem to wreck my clothes? They were a good pair of shorts too! Maybe it was a sign from someone up above trying to tell me to stop wasting my money at McDonalds...

- And finally, Calum's Official Umbrella Death Toll and Inversion Count:

Since Monday 18 May 2009, Calum has reported 2 Umbrella deaths and 8 Umbrella Inversions.

The worst is when you're crossing the road and the umbrella blows out. You try to spin around, trying to figure out which way the wind is blowing so it can blow the umbrella back in the right way, and as soon as it returns to it's proper configuration, it gets inverted again!

No comments:

Post a Comment