Monday 18 May 2009

Smashing!

Last Friday's Chemistry lab could be summed up in one word - smashing!

The first to start it off was this girl two benches away from me who pulled out her drawer full of glassware a little too far. The drawer came out, hit the ground and most of her glassware smashed! That was pretty much the big kahuna of smashes in the chemistry lab! That resulted in gasps, some laughs and heaps of eyes staring!

Not too long later, there was a smash that sounded like it came from the bench a few rows down. I didn't see who did it but I saw a lab tutor putting pieces of glass into the bin.

My friend beside me then knocked her glass stirring rod to the ground and it broke into three pieces! She could still use a third of the stirring stick though. I'd say it became easier for her to stir!

With all these smashes, I was starting to feel left out! I wanted to smash something! No I didn't really, but I had this feeling that sometime soon I'd be next to smash something. I did drop a glass spherical cylinder thing (can't remember it's proper name), but instead of smashing on the ground, it bounced along the ground a few times! Phew!! While we were standing around for an hour waiting for our mixture to reflux as well, I was talking to a few people and swinging my stirring rod around the place and nearly dropped it but fortunately caught it just in time! Double phew!!


No comments:

Post a Comment