Wednesday 31 December 2008

Who Let Calum Out?

Call me pathetic but for the first time in a while these holidays I hung out with some friends! Usually conversations happen like this:

"Hey Calum are you going to xxxxx?"

"Xxxxx is happening? I never knew that!"


This time I was actually invited to my friend Alex's little birthday gathering on Saturday at his house and so I asked my friend instead if she was invited...of course she was! I ended up going and caught up with a few old high school friends there. Alex had some of his Air Force buddies there too. Our side formed sorta the sober side while the Air Force guys did the drinking for us. It was pretty cool catching up with the guys though as I hadn't seen anyone since uni finished!

Just last night while watching War of the Worlds on TV I got a text from my sometimes-neighbour Zippo asking if I wanted to come over and play some board games and stuff, so since we had seen War of the Worlds how many times, we went over and played a few games with her while catching up with her after all this time. It's been ages since I last talked to her!

And finally Boxing Day sales...I went to West City on Boxing Day and it was packed! I don't think I had ever seen it that full before! I'm glad I wasn't Aonghas who had to work at Cotton On during that day. They have no air conditioning and when you have heaps of people in a confined space it gets a bit hot and smelly!

We finally bought ourselves an DSLR camera, getting the Canon 450D. It's sorta the only one that we could afford (that was a Canon of course!). We've started taking random photos around the house but we're going to see how it fares when we take photos of the fireworks tonight when it hits New Years!

No comments:

Post a Comment