Tuesday 16 December 2008

Studylink Stuff-Up

Today I got started working on my Summer School study (they've finally put up all the resources for STATS101G yay!!!), making the most of the nothing that occupies most of my time, when I got a call on my mobile phone. I repeat, a MOBILE phone call! Now how many of those do I get a year? Maybe one or two?

Anyway this time it wasn't from someone who dialed the wrong number or even someone who wanted to declare their love to me, it was from Studylink. Now I could only think of a few reasons why they'd want to ring me - a) they wanted to advertise some new service to me, or b) something was wrong with my Student Allowance application, and it turns out b was the correct answer! No surprises there. I originally thought it could've been because I only provided documents proving the birthdate of one of my brothers, but no. It was a fault on their part. No surprises there...They hadn't sent me the complete form for me to fill out and return, and so they were going to resend it to me to fill out again.

You may notice the cynical tone of this post, but really Studylink seems to have a habit of getting things wrong, and it seems to be developing into an annual thing for me (see: Sorry Saga of the Student Allowance Struggle).

No comments:

Post a Comment