Saturday 10 February 2007

Comfort Me Dr Phil!

Not that I have problems...I just have nothing better to do than to watch him and that Dr Keith Ablow on the other channel everyday! Today Dr Phil was dealing with a girl who liked having tattoos...

Yesterday I had originally planned to go into the city with my dad who had to visit the optometrist to sort out some uni stuff such as buying course books, my finances and the lot. I wasn't ready in time though and so my dad left without me. I ended up managing to sort everything out over the phone which was convenient! Apparently I'm not supposed to buy the books till Orientation Week!

Because my dad had liquid in his eyes, we had to come into the city to pick him up, and so at the same time we thought we'd try grab Hamish from the library and take him home at the same time. He didn't have his cellphone on him though (not that it would've been a great help as 80% of the time it's dead in his bag!) so I had to search all seven-eight stories looking for him which was awkward especially when it was so silent in there and my stomach was grumbling!

I gave up in the end and we went back to Henderson when I ran into Jacqueline at Foodtown! She made it into AUT!! Yay!!! I'll be able to see her around now!

It was the first full day of school for all those little kids including Aonghas, so I decided I'd tag along so I could drive the car back home and get some practice. I kinda went to sleep late the night before due to various reasons including the heat! Boy it's been hot in the past few days! Anyhow I managed to wake up early enough to jump in the car with Aonghas and my mum and went off to school. For the record, Aonghas wasn't late today! After Aonghas got out, I jumped in the driver's seat and drove off with my mum. We drove around Te Atatu Peninsula for a while, having to slow down at every crossing point the primary school kids were using. After a while I drove back home.

I did the whole watching TV and delivering newspapers thing before driving back to school with my mum to pick Aonghas up. I parked right up by the back gate in front of this van. While we were waiting for Aonghas, this little Korean girl who must've been looking for someone came over to talk to my mum. Their conversation went something like this:

"Is that your son driving?"
"Yeah he's my son"
"Ooooooh OK...just don't crash into the van because it's my aunty's aye!!!"


It was really interesting wandering around West City after school, seeing all these students in all sorts of different uniforms! Waitakere College's boys uniform looks exactly like Rutherford's except for the emblem on the polo shirt. I noticed this uniform that is a blue buttoned shirt/blouse and navy blue shorts/skirt that I've never seen before! I originally thought that might've been the new Rutherford uniform but it doesn't look like it! I saw a boy from that new rich private school Sunderland College though. His uniform is....interesting...

I guess there's no point hiding this now that good ol' Mr Breckall told his whole chemistry class, but I heard from Chen today that when explaining why titrations was taken out of the year 13 chemistry course this year, he said it was down to luck, not skill and used me as an example of someone who failed it last year! Thanks Mr Breckall I was hoping no one would ever find out! :D But oh well that's the past, at least I passed NCEA so that's the main thing!

I've had some interesting conversations with people in the last few days, discovering opinions and thoughts I never knew people had! But but but...I'm not at liberty to publicly disclose any of those thoughts or opinions, just a sign of my ability to keep my mouth shut;) So feel free to share as much as you want with me! ;);)

I did discover that apparently everyone thinks I like this person, when I thought it was just a few people who were joking about it and had made it up from nothing! I guess it's lucky then that I don't go to school then so that that person won't get shamed anymore!

1 comment:

  1. *hem*

    I can vouch for the crappiness of the titration internal. Damn right its all down to luck, i got two freaking sets of results like way apart from each other and like... i had to CHOOSE whether i failed or passed. And poor Pita failed too. How come he didn't get used as an example i wonder? Perhaps mr breckell was trying to protect his reputation. BAH.

    ReplyDelete