Sunday 11 February 2007

Another One Leaving

While on my way back home from my first accordion lessons of the year yesterday, I got a text from Lindsey inviting me to his farewell party later that night. I was a little nervous as I hadn't been to one of these types of parties where everyone just sits around drinking and talking, and I wasn't too sure how I would respond, whether I would be there in force promoting water or what!

When I got there, there was only Heather, Lindsey, Jane, Janine and Claire, and we just sat around talking about all sorts of stuff. After a while more and more people showed up and got out the drinks. I fortunately had a cup of good ol water so I was good. I managed to have a lot of fun talking to all the guys! I spent a while catching up with Jane, Nick and Jacqueline with Sarena. I was trying to tell Jacqueline something in Mandarin as I realised Sarena could also speak Cantonese, and so she got frustrated, chucked peanuts at us and went off! Sarena was pretty deadly with that bowl of peanuts. Shen was too, aiming at certain places!

It was really cool catching up with all the old Rutherford guys after not having seen them since the farewell dinner, but more importantly it was good seeing Lindsey for one last time before he flies off to Otago this coming Friday to study law, politics and history. It's so sad!! I've known Lindsey for the past six/seven years and he's been a really great friend, and now he's going! I'm sure he'll be on to bigger and better things though, so make sure you all look out for him when he appears on TV as the next best thing in politics! (I'll put up photographic memories of him soon!)

No comments:

Post a Comment