Wednesday 9 February 2005

Extreme Heat

The last few days have been extremely hot! The temperatures inside our humid classrooms have been soaring sky-high, and I haven’t been able to concentrate. I can’t seem to keep awake in biology, and today in English I kept dozing off while the teacher was teaching us about sentence structures (well who wouldn’t?)

 

I put my name down to go for the performance credits for NCEA Level 3 Practical Music. The solo performance is worth 12 credits while the group performance is worth 4. The only thing is that I have to perform about 5 pieces. At the moment I only have three and I can’t play any of them yet! This Sunday I’ve got to perform this Chinese song at Church as part of the Chinese New Year celebration there. Aunty Helen said I was playing it a bit too fast so I have to slow it down. The only problem is that when I play it slowly it sounds dead!

 

--

 

I haven’t watched it yet but the overall rating given to Paul Holmes’ new show – two thumbs down. Even The Simpsons got higher ratings than him! John Campbell’s new show will come out in April but I’m a bit disappointed at the name they’ve given it – Campbell Live. We already have Mike King Live, Rove Live…It ain’t that original.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment