Wednesday 15 August 2012

Thai'ing Things Up

Tonight my high school friends and I (the ones who are still left in Auckland!) had a bit of a reunion/dinner together for the first time in a little while since Shen is back in Auckland to visit. He moved to Singapore last year to work.

We went to a Thai restaurant in Ponsonby, creatively named 'Thai Me Up'. I was last to arrive, since I only just finished work at 6pm and my mum wanted to drive me home from Albany first before taking me there! She doesn't trust me driving!

I ended up ordering a mixed entrĂ©e which had a spring roll, won-ton and this thing on a stick. It was quite yum, although I wish there was more! 



I also ordered this dish called the...something Jack (I can't quite remember now!). It had some chicken, vegetables and sauce, and my rice came in a nice heart shape! Some of the other guys got star-shaped rice, and Sarena got her rice in the shape or a person! 


We did a lot of catching up, and Claire's fiance Daniel joined us a little later on. I had a chat with him and got to know him a bit better! I admit it didn't get off to a good start when I wrongly asked him if he was in the police force! (I think I was thinking of someone else!)




 To end the dinner, Shen asked one of the ladies working at the restaurant to take a big group photo of us, but she didn't do such a great job, so he just had to do it himself!

Tonight was actually possibly the last time we were going to see Evan...for a while as he is leaving for Thailand in a few weeks time! Hopefully he won't be gone for good though!

We all said our goodbyes outside the restaurant when some of us guys decided to head over to Momo Tea. Shrikkanth joined us and we had a drink and talked about all those good old times Rutherford. I can't believe I had forgotten a lot of those funny moments! It was good reliving them with the guys!

Hopefully we all catch up again sometime!




No comments:

Post a Comment