Sunday 26 August 2012

Lunch at Church

This morning I had extra responsibility at church as I had to lead children's worship. It's the first time I've led in a couple months, since I only just started going back to church in the past couple weeks (due to work), so I was a little bit rusty!

I was wearing my I <3 SG t-shirt (and before any of you ask, SG does not mean Selena Gomez! It means Singapore!) for the first time, and it's a grey colour. I discovered this is not such a great idea, especially if you end up sweating! What I also discovered was just why the t-shirt was so cheap. The heart printed on the t-shirt started peeling off already, and there was already a hole under my armpit!

Anyway, I was a little rusty leading the children, and one of my helpers didn't show up which also didn't help! Fortunately I had Amelia, who probably knows all the children's songs (and their actions) the best. She ended up leading two songs and did very well!

I was sitting with the young(er) people during the service and the combined Sunday School (the last as part of the Go4Mission series), and I was surprised at just how many of them were using their phones or i-devices! I guess that's the younger generation for you. We need to find a better way of connecting with them!

We had a shared lunch after to celebrate the end of the shared Sunday School programme. 


I really didn't feel like eating much at the time! An hour later I was starving though!


Wei, the really good artist and tai-chi master of our youth group brought along his 8-metre-long painting (EIGHT METRES!) for Aonghas to film and it was amazing! I wonder how long it took him to paint that!


After teaching violin and recorder to some of the kids at church, it was time to leave church, but my mum had gone out with some other aunties to visit someone! Tim, our youth group leader ended up staying with Hamish, Grace, Andrew and me (they were originally going to get a ride with us!), and kindly gave us a ride home!

It was sooo boring when I got home though. It's the first day of my weekend! I don't really want to go home too early because I have nothing to do! I ended up just hanging outside on my laptop with Mao Mao.


No comments:

Post a Comment