Saturday 2 July 2011

No One Around


It has been really quiet at work this week, but fortunately there's been enough to keep me busy throughout the day.

Monday was quite busy with a steady stream of customers coming in to get their prescriptions filled. I guess it still counted as an exam day, and everyone probably wanted to get their medicines before the holidays started!

I spent Wednesday carrying old stands to the skip outside. I almost filled one skip up, and was afraid I would get told off, especially since there were only two skips for all of the Information Commons! I got quite dirty though so I was glad to finish it!

I also spent a day doing the stocktake of the controlled drugs safe (the safe where we keep all those really restricted medicines!). That wasn't too bad. It was a bit of mindless work that required not very much thinking!
Our pharmacy technician is also on holiday which means I have to do all the banking and that takes about an hour!

First of the month orders are also pretty cool because we order up large on the first day of the month, which means there's a lot of medicines to tick off and put back on the shelf...time-consuming! :D

The bad thing about holidays is there is hardly anyone around! They closed the ground floor study area, so I can't go in there and lie down for an hour before work!

I've been catching the later buses these days though since traffic hasn't been too bad. I almost came late to work yesterday though, so I should really start trying to catch earlier buses again. I can't get too comfy. Before you know it, semester two will have started!

No comments:

Post a Comment