Friday 22 July 2011

Finding Inner Peace

Tonight I went with my youth group to watch Kung Fu Panda 2. To be honest, I wasn't too sure what to expect as I hadn't seen the first Kung Fu Panda movie, and remember when it was playing on TV that I wasn't all that interested. That was probably because I was busy doing something or just too tired to pay attention!

I only just got to the cinemas in time after having to catch a bus directly to West City to meet up with everyone.

I have to say I came away from the movie keen to learn martial arts or to learn some sort of traditional Chinese dance or skill, something to bring out my Chinese roots!

The main message of the movie was about finding your inner peace, along with other things. We returned to church to discuss this and talk about Christian messages we could derive from the movie. Our group of Tim, Jireh, Cleo and Joylynn actually had a pretty good discussion! It reminded me of the good old days of Oddfellows when we were a lot smaller and more open!

The weather outside has been terrible and we're meant to go on an outing to the zoo tomorrow. I'm not so sure it'll be such a good idea anymore though... Please prove me wrong God!


No comments:

Post a Comment