Sunday 19 April 2009

House Visits

In the past week we've gone over to other people's houses, which is pretty cool because it means we can enjoy being in a clean house and forget about the dump back home!

On Sunday afternoon after the Easter Sunday service at church we went over to Winston, Nadine and Leonie's (the Tans) house with the Chin sisters, who go to our youth group. Our mum is friends with the Tans' mum, and the brother and sisters are in our Sunday school class, so we kinda know each other well. Their house is pretty cool! While the parents checked out the garden and gossiped, us young people played on the Playstation for a few hours. They only had a couple of games so we played the same game but at least we were entertained!

After the Chin sisters left, we stayed behind and had dinner with the Tans. They ordered pizza. After the pizza, we were already full, but they weren't finished with us! Leonie made us a bowl of noodles, and after that she gave us ice-cream! She mistakenly heard that I wanted a banana split, so she made another bowl of ice-cream and by then I was completely full!! I had to slouch in their couch while we watched Memoirs of a Geisha! We're extremely grateful for their hospitality though. We didn't get home till 11 at night, and at least I didn't realise my dad had been home all day, and so he didn't get any dinner!!

Because my mum had the car though, I wasn't able to make it to my pharmacy friend Leo's 21st birthday party which I was a little gutted about. It's not often I get invited to things! From the sound of things it was extremely funny.

On Thursday us Andersons went over to the Sees' house (another family friend) for lunch. Once again, there was heaps of food to make me full (I love going to people's houses, they always seem to fill you up! Or maybe I just don't eat enough at home....) It was cool catching up with the See girls since I haven't talked to them in a while.

After two big food binges in one week, you'd expect me to have gained some weight, but I'm still weighing the same as I was after surgery!

No comments:

Post a Comment