Sunday 19 April 2009

Easter Stumble

With Easter being a big thing on the Christian calendar, our church had a Good Friday service in the morning. It was a smaller service which involved a lot more singing than usual, a Communion, time to reflect and a sermon. Oh, the choir performed as well and I had to accompany them on cello. It's just as well people probably couldn't hear me, since I'm usually out of tune on the cello!

That was sorta the case on Sunday morning at the combined church service when the city and Howick churches had their service together with ours. The church is usually full whenever we have a combined service, and I also get to see Hannah, my pharmacy friend who attends the city church! She was warning me that she would be filming me in retaliation I think for uploading a video of her youth group singing at a previous combined service!

Aonghas and I were accompanying the choir for one song which followed straight after another song the choir were singing (but accompanied by uber-talented violinist Jenny). We originally stood up together with them as they were about to go to the front of the hall, but Jenny told us to sit down, so we did. Aonghas then told me that he thought we should at least stand at the side since we were to play straight after, so we got up and quietly walked up along the aisle...that was until I tripped over the wire and knocked the projector, turning it off! I felt bad, but fortunately the projector wasn't damaged or anything! What made me feel better was that someone else tripped over the wire not too long after, so it wasn't just me! They put a chair over the wire as a warning after that.

The performances didn't go too badly. After the service, I met up with Lisa, this girl in my youth group, who asked me if it was Aonghas who was playing trumpet accompanying the choir, to which I said it was him. I then asked her if she heard me play. Her response:

"You played???"

No comments:

Post a Comment