Saturday 12 July 2008

Locked out of the House

Finally I got a day to myself and I ended up locking myself out of the house! Yesterday I was left home alone for most of the day as my dad went down to Tauranga for a funeral, my mum went out, Hamish went to work and Aonghas went to a course. That meant I had to deliver everyone's newspapers! I went out to deliver one side of the road and when I got back there were a few kids on the other side of the road calling out to me

"You want a threesome?!! How about a twosome???"

It was beginning to rain so I went back inside for a while. When the rain subsided I went out again to deliver newspapers on the other side of the road, but when I got back and tried opening the door, I forgot that I had put the chain on, so even though I had the key I couldn't get back in! I tried looking around the backyard and getting into the garage to find something I could use to get into the house, but the garage was also locked (I don't have the key to that!) and I couldn't find anything! I didn't want to go over to the neighbours and sound like a fool, so I decided to walk down to the public library and hung out there for a while.

My mum wasn't coming home till about 4.30-5pm and it was midday by then. All I had on me was my phone, my clothes and my keys! I tried ringing my mum several hundred times but she obviously didn't have her phone with her! So I ended up just trying to read and sleep a little to pass the time away while I started to starve! I ended up having to drink from the tap in the toilet!

Finally my mum picked me up from the library and we got home, but she didn't have the key to the front door (since the back was chained) either! I ended up having to do a few things to break into our own house! I won't say exactly what just in case...

So that's a bit of excitement for me these holidays, just in time before Maori Health Week...

No comments:

Post a Comment