Thursday 12 June 2008

Where is the Food?

It's just me and the cat at home while my dad has gone cycling somewhere. I'm supposed to be studying but boy am I starving! There's hardly anything I can eat in here. At least the cat has cat biscuits and meat that I've tried feeding her - it's just that she's really picky and won't eat any of it and just keeps meeowwing! Sometimes I wish I was a cat..just sleep and eat, sleep and eat and puuurrrrr...The cat slept right up till 4pm the other day beside me as I was studying which kept me company!

As for the food crisis in our house, I feel tempted to just jump in the car that's left parked outside and drive down to the takeaways to get some chips, but 1) I'll be wasting precious petrol and 2) I really think I should be eating healthy. Last night I tried running all the way to the shops at the last minute before they closed to buy something for Aonghas but got puffed out after several hundred metres! That's a lot worse than back in my early days in high school! I haven't done much regular exercise since I stopped doing PE at school. Then again I've always considered myself as a short-distance runner (very short)! The thing with trying to eat healthy is that healthy food tends to be more expensive, and with food prices continuing to rise, it's even more difficult to afford. It just happens that a lot of the greasy, oily food is cheaper and will fill you up easier, but I shall resist the temptation!

I haven't actually commented on my studying yet. I've got an exam coming up tomorrow morning and another on the following morning (a Saturday!!). That means I won't have to...I mean I won't be able to teach music, so I'll have to get Aonghas to fill in for me. I only remembered that after my last class last week and so my students won't be expecting him! Hopefully they won't treat him too badly, or like him too much! hahaha

I'm not too sure how ready I'll be for these first two exams coming up, but I'll be a whole readier for them than I am for the other three coming up in the next two weeks! Those ones are the ones I'm really really behind in. I've already started thinking what to do should I fail any of them, but let's not jinx things! Life just keeps going on no matter what happens though, so all I can do is just be as prepared as I can and hope for the best!

Just before I go back to looking for food and studying, two videos I've come across recently:

- This is the Venezuelan Youth Orchestra performing Mambo from Westside Story by Bernstein (aahhhh bring back memories to the school production!). The link to the BBC article provided on the page makes their performance even more inspirational:

"Called El Sistema by its members, the programme is celebrating 30 years of making classical musicians out of half-a-million young Venezuelans, and it has transformed the lives of many underprivileged and at-risk youths in the process."



-
I saw this Ford Focus commercial on TV with music being played on musical instruments recycled from old Ford car parts and didn't think it could possibly be true, and that it was probably just another one of those car commercials. After looking around though it turns out those car parts can really make music!



It's quite clever isn't it!


No comments:

Post a Comment