Sunday 3 June 2012

Well Equipped

Tonight a group of us from our church attended the evening Equippers Church service at the Auckland Town Hall just to see how things are done. We are visiting a different church on the first Sunday of each month.

When we entered there was a band on stage and everyone was up on their feet jumping up and down, singing and dancing to the music! They were mostly young people so that's probably how they had so much energy! I should have brought a drink bottle with me as my mouth was getting so dry after all that singing!


There was a guy (I'm guessing he was the pastor) who came out to talk for a little while but he didn't speak much as I think tonight's focus was on their 'Revolution Tour' and sharing what happened. It looks like they all did a good job at the schools and rest homes and other places they toured!

He also asked us to say 'hello' to people beside, in front and behind us. I said 'hello' to this girl sitting in front of me. She asked me if I used to go to Rutherford College, and if I had a twin called Aonghas! She also asked if I used to be head boy! Wow I didn't think anyone would remember me as head boy after so long!

The service finished with one more upbeat song, and Grace and Rebecca ran up to the front of the hall to join all the people jumping up and down and dancing! Go them!

After the service, we were about to leave the hall when this Brazilian guy called us over! He introduced himself, and gave us all free coffee! He was quite friendly and by the end of the evening he and I exchanged numbers! Ooo la la! (Don't worry I'm just kidding!)


Apparently they all go to Wendy's after for dinner, but we headed off to the same Korean restaurant where we celebrated Winston and Leonie's birthday a few years ago. We got a table right at the back of the restaurant.

After ordering, we discussed our experience tonight and then dug into our food once it arrived! Aonghas scheduled his break so that he could join us.


Quite a few of us had sticky rice powder rice with meat or something like that (I can't exactly remember what we ordered!) but it was quite nice!

It was then time to leave. Lucky we don't have work or school tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment