Thursday 14 June 2012

Put in a Pot

Tim invited me to dinner tonight after work which was exciting as I haven't done anything with myself after work ever since sitting my exam and having all this free time! Finally I had something to look forward to!

Tim picked me up after work and we were joined by Andrew, who had just finished his last exam today. We went to Sichuan Restaurant in Newmarket where we had steamboat (that's what I think it's called? Apparently others reckon it's actually called fish-pot or hot-pot?).


My greatest fear with steamboat is not cooking food properly and getting sick a few hours later! However, with Tim and Andrew being pros at this I didn't have anything to fear!


There was both raw and cooked food all on plates/trays along a table and you could just help yourself to whatever you wanted. We grabbed a bit of meat, some little octopuses, tofu, fish balls and crab meat. Some of the cooked food included egg tarts, noodles, rice and other deep-fried food!


There was a boiling pot on a stove in the middle of our table where we put in our raw food to cook. It was split into two halves - one spicy side and one normal side. I put my food in the normal side of course!


We spent the night eating and talking about all sorts of things, like my love life (it seems to be a favourite topic for some!)

By the end of the night I was quite full! We left to go pick up Tim's wife Gabrielle, having to circle around the block a few times before we found her.

I really enjoyed the night out! With no exams to study for...for now, I have a lot more free time, so I'll have to do this a bit more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment