Thursday 12 January 2012

Timely Teeth Clean

This morning I got my teeth and jaw checked at Middlemore Hospital. It's my yearly check-up to see how my jaw is doing after I had surgery on it to correct it all those years ago.

Prior to getting this check-up, I was really worried that my teeth was so dirty that the orthodontist at Middlemore would be disappointed in me, so I was hellbent on getting my teeth cleaned by a hygienist. Because of full-time work though, I've never gotten around to getting it done, as I couldn't decide what was a reasonable price.

It was only yesterday, the day before, that I decided to do something about it. I tried ringing a couple of dentists in the city to see if they had any free spaces after work, but I found out that it would cost $260 for a clean! They had no free slots anyway.

The dentist in Henderson originally told me he could do mine for $150. From the free inspection he gave me, he also said I'd need two fillings which would cost $180 each as well! Aonghas tried calling them but they were all booked as well!

I asked my dad to try ring around while I was at work, and I was fortunate that a dentist in Glen Eden had a free slot after someone cancelled!

Straight after work, my parents took me to Glen Eden and I got my teeth cleaned. I have to say I didn't feel like eating after that, for fear of getting my teeth dirty again!

Today at Middlemore after inspecting my teeth, the orthodontist said my teeth were looking quite good! I had to admit to her that I just got them cleaned yesterday though. I got a few x-rays and photos taken.

I also mentioned to the orthodontist that a dentist said I'd need two fillings. She had a closer look at my x-rays and got some close-ups taken, and then concluded that I didn't really need them, not for at least another year anyway. That saves me $360!

No comments:

Post a Comment