Saturday 7 January 2012

Hello Hong Kong!

I've just booked my flight to Hong Kong! I'll be flying Jestar (fingers crossed it won't be as bad as everyone says they are...at least for my flight anyway!) there and back, stopping over in Singapore for the night on the way there and for a few hours on the way back.

I was fortunate enough to get a week off work to go in the middle of February to go to Hong Kong, so that I can get my permanent identity card renewed.

Once I got the week off though, I then discovered how expensive airfares were! Return flights cost around $2000!

Fortunately I spotted the Jetstar flight for about $1500. I was a little weary though, with Jetstar's reputation and everything. I rang them a few times to ask them several questions, making sure I knew what they would charge for and what they didn't.

The flight doesn't include inflight entertainment or food. It'd cost me extra to choose my seat, and to board the plane earlier than everyone else. It's going to be a very boring, long flight! I'll have to buy some extra batteries for my phone!

My family will be flying on Air New Zealand, and because they aren't working and have more flexibility, they may stay a little bit longer. Hopefully I'll be able to catch up with a few people while in Singapore for the night though!

No comments:

Post a Comment