Monday 9 January 2012

Surprise Marriage

As you may have read earlier, Martyn and Bronz only just recently announced their engagement to us. Today was the BIG day!

Unfortunately I wasn't able to make it to the actual wedding at the registry office as it was during the day and I had to work, but my parents and brothers were able to attend though.

Apparently it was not a long ceremony with the registry lady asking Martyn and Bronz to repeat a few things before saying their 'I do's', exchanging rings and then the kiss.

I didn't miss out on everything though, as our family minus our dad (who had to work) attended the family dinner at Martyn's mum's house in South Auckland after work.

We don't visit Martyn's mum's side of the family that often, and so it was good meeting them and getting to know them a bit better.

We were one of the first people there and so we just waited around till everyone showed up. Some of our cousins came soon.



There were a few speeches made by parents of both of them, and others including our Aunty Noeline. After that, it was time for dinner! There was plenty of food to eat. Aonghas and I took our food outside to eat as there was more space, and ended up talking to Martyn's uncle.


We then returned inside to witness Martyn and Bronz cut the wedding cake, and then do some traditional Samoan dance. Despite Martyn's pleas, I think everyone was too shy to join in, except for our cousin Janice though!


Dessert was the last thing to do for the night, and just like dinner there was plenty of it!


I'm so happy for Martyn and Bronz! They look so happy together and with a baby on the way I'm sure they will make good parents!

Congratulations to the both of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment